12.14.2011

Gift Cards Give Me Anxiety

Based on the title of this post, you should know what I'm going to rant about today. It's the dreaded- GIFT CARD. Now most people prefer to get gift cards over an actual present because they can buy whatever their heart desires. I, on the other hand, start to panic when I receive a gift card. And that panic follows me all the way to the store when I have to actually use it.

My problem with gift cards is that I really want to use it to get the best possible item that I can find. As soon as I get into the store, I start to sweat profusely. I wander around the racks looking for a timeless, classic piece that I can incorporate into my wardrobe for years and years to come. I end up finding something completely useless and what I will most likely wear once or twice and never put on again.

It's hopeless. Every single time I have a gift card, I end up with buyers remorse. The sad part is, it really shouldn't matter either way. It's not like I spent my hard earned money on it, so why does it matter? It just does, ok??

So if you want to get me something, but you're not sure what. Take cues from the images below:












No comments:

Post a Comment