8.17.2011

Pretty Woman

So my favorite movies, shows, pretty much every form of entertainment involves some kind of makeover. She's All That? Princess Diaries? What Not To Wear? Come on, you know that the best movies and shows are when they take an "ugly" duckling and make her beautiful. Lately I've felt like I'm in a total beauty slump. I like my new haircut, but with the lack of length I feel like I need to spice up my beauty regimen since I no longer can head out with that "boho" (undone) look that I was so used to.

The only problem with my soon-to-be makeover is that I don't have the slightest clue how to wear makeup. None! My mom never wore more than chapstick, so I never really had anyone to show me how to do makeup. I figured out how to dress myself and somewhat how to do hair, but makeup always left me clueless. But I'm going to stop being lazy about my regimen and I am going to completely buy new makeup and start looking somewhat acceptable on a daily basis. I feel like I need a signature look, and I have always wanted to pull off red lipstick and thick black eyeliner. So, that is what I'm going to start with buying, and I'll go from there. I'll let you know how it goes with some pics this weekend.

Inspiration of the day: Makeup, duh.

xo























No comments:

Post a Comment