9.29.2011

Awkward is in.

For as long as I can remember, when people describe my personality the two adjectives at the top of the list are sarcastic and awkward. Is it awkward to openly let people know that my favorite genre of music is '90s pop? Is it awkward that I start sweating profusely when people ask me directions (even if I know exactly where the place they're asking about is)? Is it awkward that if I trip when I'm walking alone I say "ouch" even though it didn't hurt anything but my ego? No, I didn't think so. So "friends", stop calling me awkward!

Just kidding, I actually like it. Non-awkwardness is highly overrated. Plus, bonus!, awkwardness is super trendy right now. Like, for instance, my new favorite show New Girl. Zooey Deschanel plays the super awkward Jess, and everyone finds her incredibly adorable! Then there's Alexa Chung. Hello, she's mega awkward! But still cute as a button. The only thing I need to work on is not being so abrasive because abrasive awkward people aren't cute, they're just awkward. And alone. As in single. That's me.

So my new year's resolution is starting early this year, guys. I'm going to start being super cute as a button. (if only I weren't a giant..). But it's okay, I'll overcompensate for my height by wearing cutesy accessories. Like headbands. And rompers. And bows? I might even start wearing pink. Watch out!

Who am I kidding, I will be able to pull off none of these. But a girl can dream, yes? Yes.
















Ok this last one might have been too far. But seriously, don't you guys totally want to be cute now too? Actually you probably already are. Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment